Patient Centered Health Home
A health home is an approach to delivering primary care that uses a ‘whole person’ orientation to provide comprehensive health care by facilitating an active partnership between patients, their family, and their primary care provider team to provide high quality, timely care in a coordinated and consistent way. The goal of this approach is to ensure that patients and providers work together as partners, enabling the right care to be delivered at the right time with the right people engaged in the discussion.
The California Primary Care Association (CPCA) has co-developed a Patient-Centered Health Home (PCHH) initiative with technical partner Arcadia Solutions. The purpose of the initiative is to create an integrated strategy to support community health centers (CHCs) to achieve patient centered health home, improve health outcomes, and position CHCs for ongoing participation in primary care delivery under health reform.
At the core of the PCHH initiative is a web portal (the Accelerator portal) that will facilitate communication, NCQA PCMH survey completion and practice transformation. The portal will deliver a scalable online platform that can be leveraged by CHCs to manage and streamline the medical home recognition process. The Accelerator portal provides a workspace allowing practices to navigate the recognition process by integrating self-assessment tools with a suite of documentation and report templates, communication and program management tools.
There are additional program resources available to CHCs participating in the initiative, which can be selected at the time of enrollment or at a later date:
Coaching: PCHH coaches provide tailored assistance to facilitate practice transformation and guide community health centers through the recognition process.
Learning Modules: The program offers on-demand learning modules on a variety of high-interest topics, designed to educate staff members and help them through the redesign process, building internal capacity for driving change.
DRVS: This reporting and analytics platform will enable practices to meet a high proportion of NCQA’s reporting requirements at the program’s outset, allowing participants to focus their efforts on using data and reports to drive change, rather than simply meet recognition requirements.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you need additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our online interest form (linked above) and we will contact you.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Qaulity (AHRQ) PCMH Resource Center
- The Safety Net Medical Home Initiative
- Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative/PCPCC
- Primary Care Development Corporation/PCDC
- The Commonwealth Fund
- The Joint Commission
- The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC)
- Center for Care Innovations (CCI)
Reports & Tools
- Community-Centered Health Homes: Bridging the Gap Between Health Services and Community Prevention
- Urban Institute Assesses 10 PCMH Survey Tools
- American Academy of Pediatrics Medical Home Took kit
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Assessment (PCMH-A)
- ROI Calculator for Health Homes and Medical Homes
- The TransforMED Patient-Centered Model