Teaching Health Centers
Teaching Health Centers (THCs) are community-based primary care training programs committed to preparing health professionals to serve the health needs of the community. By moving primary care training into the community, THCs are on the leading edge of innovative educational programming dedicated to ensuring a relevant and sufficient supply of health workforce professionals.
Recruitment & Retention
- CPCA: Health Center Careers Online Job Center
- NACHC: A combination of HR tools and templates, trainings, and professional organization websites can be found in this NACHC Training and Technical Assistance Department. The attachments in this email are downloadable items that can be found on this website.
- NACHC: Ascertaining the clinician’s needs and wants before negotiations
- Merritt Hawkins 2016 Pro Bono Physician Search: Full service physician recruitment program
- HRSA: Employee Handbook, New Employee Orientation, Provider Recruitment-Retention Plans
- HRSA: Board Member Recruitment, Retention and Development
- NHSC Retention Calculator: can help you estimate the retention rate at your site.
- STAR² Center: Solutions Training and Assistance for Recruitment and Retention
- CHAMPS: In addition to offering tips for creating a retention plan, this resource provides a retention work plan sample and suggestions for what to do when staff leaves.
- Physicians Practice: Tips for creating/modifying provider compensation plans
- NEJM Career Center: Physician Compensation Models- The Basics, the Pros, and the Cons
- Medical Group Management Association: Strategies for Value-Based Physician Compensation
- AAMC: Starting Salaries for Physicians
- CHCF: Strategies for Hiring and Training Care Managers in Integrated Programs Serving Medicare-Medicaid Beneficiaries
- 3RNET: National Rural Recruitment and Retention Network:
- ASTHO: Health Systems Transformation-Community Health Workers
- Vision y Compromiso: The Promoter Model
- CHCF: Innovative Workforce Models-Expanding the Role of Medical Assistants
Loan Repayment & Scholarships
Clinical Workforce Development